Sarah Moon: Now And Then
Sarah Moon: Now and Then
The photographer known by her artist's name Sarah Moon (b. 1941) grew up in England and France. Having worked as a model in Paris for some years, she began taking photographs in 1968. Her first campaign shots for Cacharel were followed by countless commercial works for Dior, Chanel, Comme des Garcons, and Christian Lacroix. Additionally, Moon photographed fashion editorials for magazines, and shot short movies and documentaries as well as the feature film Mississippi One. She was the first woman to ever shoot for the renowned Pirelli calendar. Recent works include photographs and a short film for Dior homme.
Looking at Moon's frequently blurred black-and-whites or her pale color photographs—often taken on Polaroid film—one is beckoned into a realm of dreams, myths, and fears. Simultaneously, her works allude to heavenly ideals, unknown landscapes, and enchanted cities. Her portraits of girls and women, especially in her fashion images, appear to grant a glimpse into timelessness.
Sarah Moon's works have been exhibited in museums and galleries around the globe, including at the Center of Photography, New York, the Maison Européene de la Photographie, Paris, the Kyoto Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Royal College of Art, London.
The book was...
- Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How To Say No, To Take Control Of Your Life
- In Love And War: A Collection Of Love Stories
- Structural, Civil And Pipe Drafting
- As Good As It Gets: What School Reform Brought To Austin
- Ridley Scott: A Critical Filmography
- The Virtuous Journalist
- Vapor-Liquid Interfaces, Bubbles And Droplets: Fundamentals And Applications (Heat And Mass Transfer)
- Collector's Guide To Camark Pottery: Identification & Values (Collector's Encyclopedia)
- Chicago - The Retrospective Collection (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Artist Songbook)
- Woman Alone: A Six-Month Journey Through The Australian Outback
- The Drummer's Guide To Loop-Based Music
- Petrostate: Putin, Power, And The New Russia
- The Great Urban Transformation: Politics Of Land And Property In China
- Replacement Child: A Memoir
- Empty Hands, Open Arms: The Race To Save Bonobos In The Congo And Make Conservation Go Viral
- Fodor's New York City (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Phytoliths: A Comprehensive Guide For Archaeologists And Paleoecologists
- Paula Deen's Savannah Style
- Historia De La Nueva Mexico, 1610: A Critical And Annotated Spanish/English Edition (Pasó Por Aquí Series In The Nuevomexicano Literary Heritage) (English And Spanish Edition)
- Spectroscopy: The Key To The Stars: Reading The Lines In Stellar Spectra (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)