Sarah Moon: Now And Then
Sarah Moon: Now and Then
The photographer known by her artist's name Sarah Moon (b. 1941) grew up in England and France. Having worked as a model in Paris for some years, she began taking photographs in 1968. Her first campaign shots for Cacharel were followed by countless commercial works for Dior, Chanel, Comme des Garcons, and Christian Lacroix. Additionally, Moon photographed fashion editorials for magazines, and shot short movies and documentaries as well as the feature film Mississippi One. She was the first woman to ever shoot for the renowned Pirelli calendar. Recent works include photographs and a short film for Dior homme.
Looking at Moon's frequently blurred black-and-whites or her pale color photographs—often taken on Polaroid film—one is beckoned into a realm of dreams, myths, and fears. Simultaneously, her works allude to heavenly ideals, unknown landscapes, and enchanted cities. Her portraits of girls and women, especially in her fashion images, appear to grant a glimpse into timelessness.
Sarah Moon's works have been exhibited in museums and galleries around the globe, including at the Center of Photography, New York, the Maison Européene de la Photographie, Paris, the Kyoto Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Royal College of Art, London.
The book was...
- The Artist At Work: On The Working Methods Of William Coldstream And Michael Andrews
- Practice Of Oil Painting And Drawing (Dover Art Instruction) By Solomon, Solomon J. (2012) Paperback
- Will Shortz Presents Single Scoop Sudoku: 200 Easy Puzzles
- Man Ray
- The 2nd Daws Butler Collection: Even More From The Voice Of Yogi Bear!
- Game Art: The Graphic Art Of Computer Games
- Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon
- The Women Of Country Music: A Reader
- Cases In Health Services Management, Fifth Edition
- Art Projects For Educators And Students, 8th Edition
- GoAndPractice: Fundamental Vocabulary For The Able Percussionist (Volume 1)
- A Study Of Dogen: His Philosophy And Religion
- The United States Of Australia: An Aussie Bloke Explains Australia To Americans
- Christopher Kimball's Milk Street: The New Home Cooking
- The Lost Stars: Shattered Spear
- If I Ran The Horse Show: All About Horses (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
- Ethics And Politics In School Leadership: Finding Common Ground (The Concordia University Leadership Series)
- Egypt: A View From Above
- When Rain Falls (Victory Gospel Series #1)
- Mouse Shapes