The Encyclopedia Of The French Revolutionary And Napoleonic Wars: A Political, Social, And Military History - 3 Volume Set
The Encyclopedia of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars: A Political, Social, and Military History - 3 Volume Set
This comprehensive three-volume work on the French Revolution and Napoleon's rule and campaigns covers a wide range of military, political, social, and cultural events and personalities during a time of dramatic change in Europe.
• Nearly 900 A–Z entries on the military, political, cultural, and social aspects of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars
• More than 100 contributors drawn from North America and across Europe, including a wide range of academics, independent historians, and others with specialist knowledge of their respective subjects
• Ten contextual essays providing useful background information on war, society, politics, science, diplomacy, art, and other subjects
• A range of primary source documents totaling more than 50,000 words, including first-hand accounts of battles, treaty texts, key state papers, and more
• Approximately 100 illustrations including battles on land and at sea; commanders representing all the major belligerent powers; and sovereigns and political leaders from a range of nations
• 65 maps, including depictions of Europe at the start and conclusion of the wars; major battles and campaigns, including troop movements; and the political changes produced by major treaties and international conferences including...