Story By Story: Creating A School Storytelling Troupe & Making The Common Core Exciting
Story By Story: Creating a School Storytelling Troupe & Making the Common Core Exciting
Karen Chace’s book, Story by Story, Building a Storytelling Troupe is a must have for anyone even slightly interested in starting a storytelling group with students. I know I am guilty of sometimes skipping over sections, but every word that Karen writes is important and useful distilled (and therefore potent) information. Ms. Chace not only tells you what to do to run a successful troupe, but also WHY you need to do it. This is, to me, very important. Sometimes one is tempted to skip things, but this book explains how important the steps are. Everything from how many hours Karen thought it would take, to ACTUAL hours, where the funding comes from, how and why to lay foundations and expectations (including no teasing policies’ and group dynamics), right the way through presentation skills to advertising the event and getting bums on seats (emphasis important)!
Over the years Karen has and continues to come up with new and inventive ways of teaching the skills of storytelling, and a great many of these exercises and activities are included in the book. When it comes to...
- Chord Workbook For Guitar Volume One : Guitar Chords And Chord Progressions For The Guitar
- Computer Forensics: Investigating Network Intrusions And Cybercrime (CHFI), 2nd Edition
- Contra Dance Encyclopedia
- The Rising: Deliverance
- The Parisian Prowler: Le Spleen De Paris, Petits Poemes En Prose
- Discovering The God We Call Father: A Catholic Bible Study On The Lord's Prayer (Emmaus Journey)
- Interdisciplinary Performance: Reformatting Reality
- A Patient's Guide To PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Comic Book : Blank Comic Strips Basic 7 X 10 With 6 Panel, 110 Pages , Make Your Own Comics With This Comic Book Drawing Paper, Blank Comic Book Vol.1: Blank Comic Book
- Race To The Swift
- I Don`t Give A F*ck: Swear Word Coloring Book For Adults
- Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
- Speech Disorders Resource Guide For Preschool Children (Singular Resource Guide Series)
- 101 Classic Jewish Jokes: Jewish Humor From Groucho Marx To Jerry Seinfeld
- The Talented Mr. Ripley, Ripley Under Ground, Ripley's Game (Everyman's Library)
- The Herculaneum Pottery: Liverpool's Forgotten Glory
- Sound Innovations For Concert Band -- Ensemble Development For Young Concert Band: Chorales And Warm-up Exercises For Tone, Technique, And Rhythm (Snare Drum/Bass Drum)
- Little Puppy: Finger Puppet Book (Little Finger Puppet Board Books)