The Complete Engraver: Monograms, Crests, Ciphers, Seals, And The Etiquette Of Social Stationery
The Complete Engraver: Monograms, Crests, Ciphers, Seals, and the Etiquette of Social Stationery
In this age of emails, texts, and instant messages, receiving a letter has become a rare treat. Engraved stationery can make a piece of correspondence, whether a short note, formal letter, or business card, even more special. Once an integral part of social life, the use of engraved stationery has become a lost art. In The Complete Engraver, author Nancy Sharon Collins brings this venerable craft to life-from the history and etiquette of engraved social stationery in America to its revival and promise of new visual possibilities. Illustrated with gorgeous, original specimens of social stationery, calling cards, and monograms, The Complete Engraver also includes an instructional section that walks the reader through the engraving process and the steps required to commission engraving work today.
" Filled with beautiful images... some of the notes on etiquette are pretty amusing... and some are quite useful." -- Bust magazine
"While many designers enjoy the letterpress renaissance, Nancy champions the more involved process of metal engraving. The results can be transcendent: intricate, expressive work imbued with very fine hatching, capable of subtle figural beauty." -- Uppercase
- Database Processing (12th Edition)
- Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings Of The Warrior Sages
- Taking The Crown: The Kansas City Royals' Amazing 2015 Season
- Secrets Of Fertile Soils
- What Objects Mean, Second Edition: An Introduction To Material Culture
- Mini Entra En Accion (El Barco De Vapor: Serie Mini/ The Steamboat: Mini Series) (Spanish Edition)
- Horse (Animal)
- Lights! Camera! Advertising!
- Living With The Dead: Twenty Years On The Bus With Garcia And The Grateful Dead
- Amelia Bedelia By The Yard (I Can Read Level 1)
- APROVECHAR LOS RECURSOS SILVESTRES-2 ED.
- Colorful Inspirations Coloring Book: Uplifting Quotes, Sayings, And Designs To Color
- CAPTURING LIGHT. Masterpieces Of California Photography, 1850 To The Present. Foreword By Therese Thau Heyman. Essays By Peter E. Palmquist; Naomi Rosenblum; Sally Stein; Andy Grunberg.
- Cicero: On The Commonwealth And On The Laws (Cambridge Texts In The History Of Political Thought)
- 25 Ways To Win With People: How To Make Others Feel Like A Million Bucks
- The First War Of Physics: The Secret History Of The Atom Bomb, 1939-1949
- Magic Mushrooms In Religion And Alchemy
- Writing That Works: Communicating Effectively On The Job
- Charlie Bumpers Vs. The Really Nice Gnome
- Weird Louisiana: Your Travel Guide To Louisiana's Local Legends And Best Kept Secrets