A Guide To Federal Agency Adjudication
A Guide to Federal Agency Adjudication
Now in its second edition, A Guide to Federal Agency Adjudication is written to assist government and private counsel engaged in all varieties of administrative adjudication. The book is an outgrowth of a federal Administrative Procedure Act (APA) study that was launched by the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice prior to the first edition.
While the book is focused primarily on the law of the APA, in light of its in-depth discussion, including many illustrative examples and exhaustive citation to pertinent works, A Guide to Federal Agency Adjudication, Second Edition will prove instructive to all who are involved with administrative agencies, whether at the federal or state level.
Comprehensive in scope, this book includes information and discussion on such topics as:
• Adjudication under the Administrative Procedure Act
• Hearings required by procedural due process
• The right to a hearing under the APA
• Pre-hearing requirements
• Hearing requirements
• Post-hearing requirements
• Integrity of the decision-making process
• Alternative dispute resolution
• Informal adjudication
• Administrative law judges
• Attorneys' fees under the Equal Access to Justice Act
• Adjudication under the...