Being Buddha At Work: 108 Ancient Truths On Change, Stress, Money, And Success
Being Buddha at Work: 108 Ancient Truths on Change, Stress, Money, and Success
There are lots of books that address how we should take care of ourselves, find calm, and enjoy happiness in a hectic work world. But few of those books apply the lessons of Buddhist thinking as resolution and guidance tools. These questions, though found in the modern day, are actually the core of all Buddha’s teachings – impermanence, suffering, and the quest for happiness (freedom from suffering). This makes Buddha the kind of consultant or coach we need today in our workplaces.
Following in the tradition of the authors' first bestseller, this work goes on to explore and answer 101 dilemmas that we encounter at work, with topics ranging from time management, goal-setting, conflict to job dissatisfaction, unemployment, and even workplace trysts. The authors emphasize practical learning and coping, not esoteric insights or metaphysics, applying concrete solutions from Buddhist teachings to real problems in easily digestible chunks.
“This book, Being Buddha at Work, attempts to relate the Buddha’s advice to the modern workplace. I trust that readers will find inspiration here and pray that those who do will meet with success in putting that...
- A Murder For Her Majesty
- Superwomen: Gender, Power, And Representation
- Heal Your Body
- Cultivating The Fruit Of The Spirit: Growing In Christlikeness
- Pocket Burmese Dictionary: Burmese-English English-Burmese (Periplus Pocket Dictionaries)
- Graphis Advertising Annual 2016
- Welcome To The REBELution: 7 Steps To The Nutrition Counseling Practice Of Your Dreams
- Music Man: 1978 To 1982 (And Then Some!): The Other Side Of The Story (Reference)
- 101 Jazz Songs For Trumpet
- Weather 2016: With Daily Weather Trivia
- Norwegian Troll Tales
- I'll Follow The Moon
- Campbell Essential Biology, Books A La Carte Edition (5th Edition)
- Scripture Confessions Gift Collection
- Peter: Keys To Following Jesus
- Irish Libraries: Archives, Museums, And Genealogical Centres
- Robert Lowell, Setting The River On Fire: A Study Of Genius, Mania, And Character
- Ultimate Explorer Field Guide: Reptiles And Amphibians: Find Adventure! Go Outside! Have Fun! Be A Backyard Ranger And Amphibian Adventurer (National Geographic Kids: Ultimate Explorer Field Guide)
- Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, And Islam Screwed My Generation