Only One Thing Can Save Us: Why America Needs A New Kind Of Labor Movement
Only One Thing Can Save Us: Why America Needs a New Kind of Labor Movement
Is labor’s day over or is labor the only real answer for our time? In his new book, National Book Critics Circle Award finalist and labor lawyer Thomas Geoghegan argues that even as organized labor seems to be crumbling, a revivedbut differentlabor movement is the only way to stabilize the economy and save the middle class.
But the inequality now reshaping the country goes beyond money and income: the places we work have become ever more rigid hierarchies. Geoghegan makes his argument for labor with stories, sometimes humorous but more often chilling, about the problems working people like his own clientsfrom cabdrivers to schoolteachersnow face, increasingly powerless in our union-free economy. He explains why a new kind of labor movement (and not just more higher education) is the real program the Democrats should pushnot just to save the middle class from bankruptcy but to revive Keynes’s original and sometimes forgotten ideas for getting the rich to invest and reducing our balance of trade, and to promote John Dewey’s vision of a democratic way of life,” one that would start in the schools and continue in our...
- The Letters To The Philippians, Colossians, And Thessalonians (The New Daily Study Bible)
- Geology For Dummies
- HSP Math, Grade 6
- Joy Of Painting
- Martial Arts As Embodied Knowledge: Asian Traditions In A Transnational World
- The Dangerous Philosophies Of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, And His Artistic Afterlife
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) Exam Preparation
- West Point Atlas For The Great War: Strategies And Tactics Of The First World War (The West Point Military History Series)
- History Of The Ottawa And Chippewa Indians Of Michigan; A Grammar Of Their Language, And Personal And Family History Of The Author
- MODERN MAN - Vinyl Lp. OPENING (STATEMENT) - MORE HOT FUN - INTERLUDE A RELAXED OCCASION - SLOW DANCE - HE LIVES ON, AND OTHERS.
- Russian War Films: On The Cinema Front, 1914-2005
- Betsy-Tacy And Tib
- Pathways To Marriage-Premarital And Early Marital Relationships
- The Rise And Fall Of The Great Powers
- Adobe Encore DVD Classroom In A Book
- Love Monster And The Last Chocolate
- PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning: Question Type Training (Powerscore Test Preparation)
- The Love Of Wisdom: A Christian Introduction To Philosophy
- Mi Primer Larousse De La Biblia / My First Larousse Of The Bible (Spanish Edition)