From Alpha To Omega: A Beginning Course In Classical Greek
From Alpha to Omega: A Beginning Course in Classical Greek
One of the most successful Classical Greek introductory textbooks, this edition provides an introduction to Classical Greek with an encouraging, pleasant, and accessible presentation for today's modern students. Fifty short lessons presume no knowledge of Latin, and allow students to master a concept before moving on to the next. Each lesson is accompanied by numerous exercises, as well as manageable selections of Ancient Greek writings (edited in early chapters) from Aesop's most amusing and curious fables to concise Greek passages from The New Testament, Aristotle, Arrian, Demosthenes, Lysias, Plato, Thucydides, and Xenophon.
The fourth edition of From Alpha to Omega retains all the features that have made it a best-selling introductory Greek textbook, many of them improved or expanded:
- Balanced, evenly-paced lessons to accommodate various academic schedules
- Brief readings from Ancient Greek authors
- Efficient translation exercises
- Succinct, instructive vocabulary lists
- Glossary containing all vocabulary words from lessons and readings, both Greek-to-English, and English-to-Greek
Online exercises, audio recordings, video tutorials, and more accompany each chapter at courses.pullins.com.
An Ancillary Exercise Workbook and a Greek Reader are also available.
From the Back Cover
One of the most successful Classical Greek introductory textbooks,...
- Self-Help Or Self-Destruction?: Ten Pop Psychology Myths That Could Destroy Your Life
- Psalm 46:5 God Is Within Her, She Will Not Fall: Flower Notebook (Journal, Composition Book) (8.5 X 11 Large)
- Starting From Zero: Reconstructing Downtown New York
- Chinese Ceramics: Highlights Of The Sir Percival David Collection
- Be Prepared For The AP Calculus Exam
- What I Learned In Medical School: Personal Stories Of Young Doctors
- Labor Law, Cases And Materials: 2016 Statutory Appendix And Case Supplement (University Casebook Series)
- Hit And Run: How Jon Peters And Peter Guber Took Sony For A Ride In Hollywood
- Bet Me
- Theatrical Dancing In America: The Development Of The Ballet From 1900
- Fundamentals Of Biomechanics
- Sneeze Of The Octo-Schnozz: A Branches Book (The Notebook Of Doom #11)
- Say It Like Obama: The Power Of Speaking With Purpose And Vision
- On Murder (Oxford World's Classics)
- Who I Was Supposed To Be: Short Stories
- Small Wonders - Life Portrait In Miniature
- White Trucks Of The 1960s At Work
- 150 Of The Most Beautiful Songs Ever - Ukulele Chord Songbook
- Toward Successful School Crisis Intervention: 9 Key Issues
- Plants: Flowering Plants, Ferns, Mosses, And Other Plants (Class Of Their Own (Paperback))