Conducting Effective Conferences With Parents Of Children With Disabilities: A Guide For Teachers
Conducting Effective Conferences with Parents of Children with Disabilities: A Guide for Teachers
Successful collaboration between teachers and parents can greatly enhance children's educational growth and development. This clearly written book provides teachers with the knowledge and skills needed to conduct effective conferences with parents of children with disabilities. Readers gain a solid understanding of the challenges that families face as a consequence of childhood disability; how family dynamics and roles are affected; and issues that are likely to arise in meetings with school professionals. Reviewing the basic elements of parent-teacher conferencing, Seligman highlights ways to establish rapport with families, develop strong listening and responding skills, and engage parents who may feel anxious, frustrated, or angry. Also addressed are the specific requirements of the legally mandated Individualized Educational Program conference. Enhancing the book's utility are numerous concrete examples and sample parent-teacher dialogues, as well as role-play scenarios and exercises to build conferencing skills. The Appendix describes a range of disability-related referral sources and publications suitable for recommendation to parents.
"This book is very much needed in the teacher preparation field; not only for special educators, but also for regular educators, who are increasingly involved with...
- The Christ-Centered Home: Inviting Jesus In
- How To Draw Manga Volume 38: Ninja & Samurai Portrayal
- Water Resource Economics And Policy: An Introduction
- Revised An Introduction To Project Management, Fourth Edition: With Brief Guides To Microsoft Project 2013 And AtTask
- Messages From Your Angels: What Your Angels Want You To Know
- El Guardian De La Flor De Loto/ The Lotus Flower Guardian (Spanish Edition)
- Torts Responsibilities & Redress
- Sisters In Law: How Sandra Day O'Connor And Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went To The Supreme Court And Changed The World
- Stop Following Me, Moon!
- In The Mind's Eye
- Working While Black: The Black Person's Guide To Success In The White Workplace
- Los Angeles Union Station
- Intelligence Arabic (Essential Middle Eastern Vocabularies EUP)
- Spectrum Of Terror
- June 1941: Hitler And Stalin
- The Big Awesome Book Of Hand & Chalk Lettering
- Gilbert Law Summaries On Torts, 24th Edition
- When The Real Thing Comes Along
- Nowhere To Run (A Joe Pickett Novel)
- : Elemental Gestures