The Crime Of The Century: Richard Speck And The Murders That Shocked A Nation
The Crime of the Century: Richard Speck and the Murders That Shocked a Nation
"Oh, my God, they are all dead!"
On July 14th, 1966, Richard Franklin Speck swept through a quiet Chicago townhouse like a summer tornado and stabbed, strangled, and killed eight young nurses in a violent sexual rampage. By morning, only one nurse, Corazon Amurao, had miraculously survived, and her scream of terror was heard around the world.
As the eight bodies were carried out of the small building, the coroner, who had seen the carnage up close, told a gathering crowd: "It is the crime of the century!"
Now, on the 50th anniversary of the murders, the prosecutor who put Speck in prison for life (William J. Martin) and the author and journalist who won an award for his coverage of the crime (Dennis L. Breo) have teamed up to re-create the blood-soaked night that opened a new chapter in the history of American crime: mass murder. Their riveting and richly documented account reveals fascinating behind-the-scenes descriptions of Speck, the young nurses, the relentless manhunt and massive investigation, and the bold legal moves and painstaking preparation for the trial that returned a death sentence for Speck.Corazon Amurao, the...
- Growing Mindful
- Al Taylor: Prints
- Shadow Silence (Whisper Hollow)
- The Heir (The Selection)
- Temporary Tattoos For Girls: Includes 100 Temporary Tattoos [With Tattoos]
- Top 100 Finger Foods: 100 Recipes For A Healthy, Happy Child
- Poetry Of Resistance: Voices For Social Justice (Camino Del Sol)
- Digital Systems (12th Edition)
- How To Conduct Internal Investigations: A Practical Guide For Human Resource Professionals
- Art & Sound Of The Bristol Underground
- The Ladies' Paradise (Oxford World's Classics)
- Reason 6 Ignite!: The Visual Guide For New Users
- Statistics With Applications In Biology And Geology
- The Italian Renaissance: Culture And Society In Italy, Third Edition
- Dental Emergencies
- Aventura En El ártico
- The Great Outdoors: A User's Guide: Everything You Need To Know Before Heading Into The Wild (and How To Get Back In One Piece)
- Murach's MySQL, 2nd Edition
- Nonsense: The Power Of Not Knowing
- The Enchanted Files: Hatched