The Crime Of The Century: Richard Speck And The Murders That Shocked A Nation
The Crime of the Century: Richard Speck and the Murders That Shocked a Nation
"Oh, my God, they are all dead!"
On July 14th, 1966, Richard Franklin Speck swept through a quiet Chicago townhouse like a summer tornado and stabbed, strangled, and killed eight young nurses in a violent sexual rampage. By morning, only one nurse, Corazon Amurao, had miraculously survived, and her scream of terror was heard around the world.
As the eight bodies were carried out of the small building, the coroner, who had seen the carnage up close, told a gathering crowd: "It is the crime of the century!"
Now, on the 50th anniversary of the murders, the prosecutor who put Speck in prison for life (William J. Martin) and the author and journalist who won an award for his coverage of the crime (Dennis L. Breo) have teamed up to re-create the blood-soaked night that opened a new chapter in the history of American crime: mass murder. Their riveting and richly documented account reveals fascinating behind-the-scenes descriptions of Speck, the young nurses, the relentless manhunt and massive investigation, and the bold legal moves and painstaking preparation for the trial that returned a death sentence for Speck.Corazon Amurao, the...
- Woodshop Dust Control: A Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Own System
- Affordable Care Act: Law, Regulatory Explanation And Analysis (2014)
- Modern Information Retrieval
- ACUTE & CRITICAL CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER: CASES IN DIAGNOSTIC REASONING
- Classic Magic Tricks
- Tomorrowland: Scenarios For Law Firms Beyond The Horizon
- One Dough, Ten Breads: Making Great Bread By Hand
- 101 Margaritas
- Tae Kwon Do: The Korean Martial Art
- Doing Focus Groups (Qualitative Research Kit)
- Media/Society: Industries, Images, And Audiences
- Paul Klee
- The Procurement And Supply Manager's Desk Reference
- Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook, 2nd Edition: A Practical Guide For Individual, Group, Or Classroom Study (Nonviolent Communication Guides)
- See It And Say It In Spanish: A Beginner's Guide To Learning Spanish The Word-and-Picture Way
- Beautiful Geometry
- Perpetual Motion: The History Of An Obsession
- Tradition: Concept And Claim
- Introduction To Environmental Soil Physics
- Power In The Blood Of Christ