Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting And Got A Life
Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life
A hilarious and inspiring memoir about one young woman's journey to find a better path to both physical and mental health.
At twenty-nine, Kelsey Miller had done it all: crash diets, healthy diets, and nutritionist-prescribed "eating plans," which are diets that you pay more money for. She'd been fighting her un-thin body since early childhood, and after a lifetime of failure, finally hit bottom. No diet could transform her body or her life. There was no shortcut to skinny salvation. She'd dug herself into this hole, and now it was time to climb out of it.
With the help of an Intuitive Eating coach and fitness professionals, she learned how to eat based on her body's instincts and exercise sustainably, without obsessing over calories burned and thighs gapped. But, with each thrilling step toward a healthy future, she had to contend with the painful truths of her past.
BIG GIRL chronicles Kelsey's journey into self-loathing and disordered eating-and out of it. This is a memoir for anyone who's dealt with a distorted body image, food issues, or a dysfunctional family. It's for the late-bloomers and the...
- Tropical Renditions: Making Musical Scenes In Filipino America (Refiguring American Music)
- Given To The Sea (Given Duet)
- The Managed Heart: Commercialization Of Human Feeling
- In Her Shoes: A Novel
- Hindi Flash Cards Kit: Learn 1,500 Basic Hindi Words And Phrases Quickly And Easily! (Audio CD Included)
- Little Mermaid Stained Glass Coloring Book (Dover Stained Glass Coloring Book)
- Tree Of Life Laser Cut Note Cards (Stationery, Boxed Cards)
- Britain: One Million Years Of The Human Story
- Authentic Wine: Toward Natural And Sustainable Winemaking
- The Christian Faith: In The Doctrinal Documents Of The Catholic Church
- A Companion To Pedro AlmÃ³dovar
- The Professional School Counselor: An Advocate For Students (School Counseling)
- Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach With Student Resources DVD
- Offense To Others (Moral Limits Of The Criminal Law)
- A Field Guide To Lies: Critical Thinking In The Information Age
- Teaching Wind And Percussion Instruments: A Course Of Study
- Adds: Drawing : Writing
- The Dynamics Of Violence In Central Africa (National And Ethnic Conflict In The 21st Century)
- Major Andre's Journal