Judy lives in a tent with her family. Will they ever be able to afford a farm with a real house?
Ten-year-old Judy and her family are migrants, moving from farm to farm with each new season. Starting in Alabama, they travel to Florida and up the East Coast all the way to New Jersey, always looking for steady work. Every time Judy feels as if they’re beginning to put down roots, they have to move on. It’s hard for her to catch up in school; it’s hard to make and keep friends. Judy likes the people she meets along the way, but she longs for a real home. Will her family ever have a farm of their own?
Judy’s Journey is a realistic depiction of the life of migrant farm workers in the mid-1900s.
“[C]hildren will draw . . . a valuable revelation of the deprivation and poverty of these homeless American workers who pick most of the vegetables that we buy.” —The Horn Book Magazine
About the Author
Born in Springfield, Ohio, in 1893, Lois Lenski achieved acclaim as both an author and illustrator of children’s literature. For...
- My Rotten Life (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie)
- They Thirst
- A Curious Cage: Life In A Japanese Internment Camp 1943-1945
- The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire, Volume III
- Ganja Yoga: A Practical Guide To Conscious Relaxation, Soothing Pain Relief, And Enlightened Self-Discovery
- Speak English Like An American (Book & Audio CD Set)
- Real World Print Production With Adobe Creative Suite Applications
- Sociology, 10th Edition
- VIRTUOSO PARKENING VOLUME 1 MUSIC FOR GUITAR
- ER Vets: Life In An Animal Emergency Room
- Digital Didactical Designs: Teaching And Learning In CrossActionSpaces
- Opera Antics And Anecdotes
- MIDDLE GRADES MATH 2010 STUDENT EDITION COURSE 1
- Fingerstyle Blues Songbook: Learn To Play Country Blues, Ragtime Blues, Boogie Blues & More (Book & Online Audio) (Acoustic Guitar Private Lessons)
- Luckiest Man: The Life And Death Of Lou Gehrig
- Can Russia Modernise?: Sistema, Power Networks And Informal Governance
- ServSafe Coursebook (6th Edition)
- The Concise History Of Ireland
- Photographer's Guide To The Sony DSC-HX80 And HX90V: Getting The Most From Sony's Pocketable Superzoom Cameras