Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting The Health Of Populations, 5e
Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations, 5e
Covering the nurse's role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition is known for its "upstream" preventive focus and social justice approach, photo novellas with clinical stories, and a concise, readable style. It shows how you, as a nurse, can take an active role in social action and health policy – especially in caring for diverse population groups. Expert authors Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen discuss today's issues and trends, and describe the key issues and responsibilities of contemporary community/public health nursing.
- An "upstream" focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community.
- A "social justice" approach promotes health for everyone.
- Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Case Study: Application of the Nursing Process feature presents specific community components of the nursing process separately from individual and family.
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of current research to chapter content.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes summarize objectives and their importance in community health.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines introduce important concepts and terminology...