Handbook Of School Improvement: How High-Performing Principals Create High-Performing Schools
Handbook of School Improvement: How High-Performing Principals Create High-Performing Schools
Learn how successful principals make a difference in their school’s performance!
Based on a ground-breaking study and numerous firsthand accounts, this illuminating book captures unique perspectives from 20 outstanding principals, representing a wide range of urban and rural schools. This resource includes:
- The nine personal characteristics that help principals lead high-performing schools
- Practical strategies for balancing both administrative responsibilities and instructional leadership
- Guidance on using a systems-development approach to support excellence at every level
- Discussion of the use of research and data for school improvement
- Tips and suggestions from effective principals, along with recommended resources for further learning
"A practical, useful, easy-to-read resource that I will keep on the edge of my desk as a reference. The book is filled with excellent and useful information and serves as both a concise summary of focal points for principals as well as a resource for additional information.” (Kari Dahlquist, Principal 2009-09-21)
“All school administrators who want their school to become a high-performing school have to read this book. It is transformational!” (Sean Beggin, Assistant Principal 2009-09-21)
"An unrelenting study of the factors...