Introduction To Sociological Theory: Theorists, Concepts, And Their Applicability To The Twenty-First Century
Introduction to Sociological Theory: Theorists, Concepts, and their Applicability to the Twenty-First Century
Combining carefully chosen primary quotes with extensive discussion and everyday illustrative examples, this book provides an in-depth introduction to classical and contemporary theory.
- Uses a wide range of newspaper examples to illustrate the relevance to sociological theory
- Contains excerpts from theorists’ primary texts
- Includes chapter-specific glossaries of all theoretical concepts discussed in the book
- Short biographies and historical timelines of significant events provide context to various theorists’ ideas
- Incorporates a range of pedagogical features
- Supporting website includes multiple choice and essay questions, PowerPoint slides, a quotation bank, and other background materials
Visit www.wiley.com/go/dillon for additional student and instructor resources.
"This textbook is a winner. It takes a sociologist accomplished at her craft and with a genuine mastery of the relevant literature to write a social theory text that does justice to the richness of the material while successfully making it accessible to undergraduate readers. This book clearly reveals that Michele Dillon is such a sociologist. Students will be drawn to the well-chosen contemporary examples that make theory come alive while instructors will certainly be pleased by the rich array of pedagogical...