Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity From A Consumer Culture
Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from a Consumer Culture
Mother Nature has shown her hand. Faced with climate change, dwindling resources, and species extinctions, most Americans understand the fundamental steps necessary to solve our global crises-drive less, consume less, increase self-reliance, buy locally, eat locally, rebuild our local communities.
In essence, the great work we face requires rekindling the home fires.Radical Homemakers is about men and women across the U.S. who focus on home and hearth as a political and ecological act, and who have centered their lives around family and community for personal fulfillment and cultural change. It explores what domesticity looks like in an era that has benefited from feminism, where domination and oppression are cast aside and where the choice to stay home is no longer equated with mind-numbing drudgery, economic insecurity, or relentless servitude.
Radical Homemakers nationwide speak about empowerment, transformation, happiness, and casting aside the pressures of a consumer culture to live in a world where money loses its power to relationships, independent thought, and creativity. If you ever considered quitting a job to plant tomatoes, read to a child, pursue creative work, can green beans and heal the planet, this is your book.
- Parenting From A Distance: Your Rights And Responsibilities
- NCLEX-RN Content Review Guide (Kaplan Test Prep)
- A Victorian Flower Album
- Solving Marriage Problems
- Ghosts, Ghouls, & Monsters Of Long Island
- The World Is Blue: How Our Fate And The Ocean's Are One
- Dance Writing For Modern And Jazz Dance: The Pictorial Handwriting For Writing The Movements Of All Dance Forms
- How To Beat The Market Makers At Their Own Game: Uncovering The Mysteries Of Day Trading (Wiley Trading)
- On Capitol Hill: The Struggle To Reform Congress And Its Consequences, 1948-2000
- Barron's Common Core Success Grade 3 Math: Preparing Students For A Brilliant Future
- Global Environmental Challenges: Perspectives From The South
- Fire In The Grove: The Cocoanut Grove Tragedy And Its Aftermath
- The Last Dickens: A Novel
- Harrison's Principles Of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together And Others Don't
- Globemagic (Spanish Edition)
- Llévame /Carry Me (Spanish/English (Babies Everywhere) (Spanish Edition)
- Lifting The Veil: The Divine Code, Universal Kabbalah With Naam Yoga Therapies
- Unofficial Guide To Radiology (Unofficial Guides To Medicine)