The Gift Of Being: A Theology Of Creation (New Theology Studies)
The Gift of Being: A Theology of Creation (New Theology Studies)
In view of the critical environmental problems confronting the modern world, reflection on the nature and meaning of the world and on humanity's place in it becomes increasingly important. While Christian theology has done this for centuries, the present situation calls for a serious rethinking of many issues in the light of contemporary physics, biology, and cultural history. The Gift of Being presents insights of the sciences in a way that is helpful for Christians today.
Creation theology helps believers come to a stronger sense of their own identity as they come to an awareness of the world. This enables them to gain a deeper insight into how they ought to relate to that world if they wish to find meaning in their lives. This state of being requires a willingness to distinguish between the medium and the message in approaching the Scriptures. It also requires a willingness to take the sciences seriously.
In The Gift of Being, Hayes focuses on traditional questions of creation, but also comments on where science is with creation, anthropology, and destiny. He begins by discussing the relation between faith and reason, and hence between theology...
- Claude Lorrain: The Enchanted Landscape
- Stealing All Transmissions: A Secret History Of The Clash
- MBLEx Preguntas De Práctica & Guía De Estudio De Terapia De Masaje (Spanish Edition)
- No. 7 Supreme Dance Folio For Piano 25 Popular Song Hits - Fox-trots, Waltzes, Marches, And Tangoes
- Power, Justice, And The Environment: A Critical Appraisal Of The Environmental Justice Movement (Urban And Industrial Environments)
- The Flemish House (Inspector Maigret)
- The Melting Pot: How To Acclimate Old NFL Concepts Into Your High School Or CollegeOffense
- Who's Doing What: Immersed In The Blues: Exploring Blues Music And Its Meaning (Volume 1)
- Fill Your Watercolors With Nature's Light
- Watercolor Secrets: An Inside Look At The Techniques Of Award-Winning Splash Artists
- The Bariatric Foodie Breakfast Book
- Hillbilly Elegy
- Transforming Teaching And Learning With Active And Dramatic Approaches: Engaging Students Across The Curriculum
- Globally Responsible Leadership: Managing According To The UN Global Compact (The Ivey Casebook Series)
- Rand McNally Easy To Read: Georgia State Map
- Calvin Coconut: Kung Fooey
- Bundle: Theory And Practice Of Counseling And Psychotherapy, Loose-leaf Version, 10th + Theory And Practice Of Counseling And Psychotherapy And ... MindTap Counseling, 1 Term (6 Months) P...
- The Complete Thomas Keller: The French Laundry Cookbook & Bouchon (The Thomas Keller Library)
- Race, Law, And "The Chinese Puzzle" In Imperial Britain
- Criminal Law: Case Studies And Controversies [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook)