Polarization In The US Catholic Church: Naming The Wounds, Beginning To Heal
Polarization in the US Catholic Church: Naming the Wounds, Beginning to Heal
It is no secret: the body of Christ in the United States is broken. While universality—and unity amid diversity—is a fundamental characteristic of Roman Catholicism, all-too-familiar issues related to gender, sexuality, race, and authority have rent the church. Healthy debates, characteristic of a living tradition, suffer instead from an absence of genuine engagement and dialogue. But there is still much that binds American Catholics. In naming the wounds and exploring their social and religious underpinnings, Polarization in the US Catholic Church underscores how shared beliefs and aspirations can heal deep fissures and the hurts they have caused. Cutting across disciplinary and political lines, this volume brings essential commentary in the direction of reclaimed universality among American Catholics.
"Polarization is one of the gravest illnesses infecting the US Catholic Church. In fact, Catholics often have an easier time talking with members of other Christian denominations and other religious traditions than with one another. Before we can accomplish anything in our church, we must first be able to talk to one another charitably. This book is an important step forward, as some of the church's most...
- An Introduction To Fuzzy Sets: Analysis And Design (Complex Adaptive Systems)
- Virtue, Vice, And Value
- Physical Activities For Improving Children's Learning And Behavior
- New York City Graffiti
- I Was A Rat!
- The Big Beat: Conversations With Rock's Greatest Drummers
- Harry Houdini's Paper Magic: The Whole Art Of Paper Tricks, Including Folding, Tearing And Puzzles
- There's More To Life Than This: Healing Messages, Remarkable Stories, And Insight About The Other Side From The Long Island Medium
- Islam: The Straight Path
- A Room With A View And Howards End (Signet Classics)
- Zeiss Compendium East & West: 1940-1972 (Hove Compendia)
- Daily Math Practice 6th Grade: Use It! Don't Lose It!
- The Everlasting Minute And Other Lyrics
- CNA Exam Secrets Study Guide: CNA Test Review For The Certified Nurse Assistant Exam
- Edward George Brown: A Magical Life
- Microsoft Office 2016 Step By Step
- Rethinking U.S. Labor History: Essays On The Working-Class Experience, 1756-2009
- Not With The Church's Money