The Big Necessity: The Unmentionable World Of Human Waste And Why It Matters
The Big Necessity: The Unmentionable World of Human Waste and Why It Matters
An utterly original exploration of the world of human waste that will surprise, outrage—and entertain
Produced behind closed doors, disposed of discreetly, and hidden by euphemism, bodily waste is something common to all and as natural as breathing, yet we prefer not to talk about it. But we should—even those of us who take care of our business in pristine, sanitary conditions. For it’s not only in developing countries that human waste is a major public health threat: population growth is taxing even the most advanced sewage systems, and the disease spread by waste kills more people worldwide every year than any other single cause of death. Even in America, 1.95 million people have no access to an indoor toilet. Yet the subject remains unmentionable.
The Big Necessity takes aim at the taboo, revealing everything that matters about how people do—and don’t—deal with their own waste. Moving from the deep underground sewers of Paris, London, and New York—an infrastructure disaster waiting to happen—to an Indian slum where ten toilets are shared by 60,000 people, Rose George stops along the way to explore the potential saviors: China’s five million biogas...
- Sobre El Deporte
- Answering The Ultimate Question: How Net Promoter Can Transform Your Business
- The Healing Creed: God's Promises For Your Healing Breakthrough
- The Grateful Table: Blessings, Prayers And Graces
- Mastering The Nikon D7200
- Shaping The Claim: Moving From Text To Sermon (Elements Of Preaching)
- Multicultural Picturebooks: Art For Illuminating Our World
- The Ivory Mirror: The Art Of Mortality In Renaissance Europe
- I Still Dream About You: A Novel
- Waterfalls Of The Blue Ridge: A Hiking Guide To The Cascades Of The Blue Ridge Mountains
- Gospel's Greatest (Fake Books) By Unknown 
- Creativity In Business: Based On The Famed Stanford University Course That Has Revolutionized The Art Of Success
- Guide To Research Techniques In Neuroscience, Second Edition
- Time Series Analysis: With Applications In R (Springer Texts In Statistics)
- I'm Fast!
- Youcat Study Guide
- Mi Curso De Antigimnasia�
- The Professional Studio Vocalist
- Crowns Of Glory, Tears Of Blood: The Demerara Slave Rebellion Of 1823