Shiloh: A Battlefield Guide (This Hallowed Ground: Guides To Civil War Battlefields)
Shiloh: A Battlefield Guide (This Hallowed Ground: Guides to Civil War Battlefields)
Peabody’s Battle Line, McCuller’s Field, Stuart’s Defense, the Peach Orchard, and Hell’s Hollow—these monuments mark some of the critical moments in the battle of Shiloh but offer the visitor only the most meager sense of what happened on the banks of the Tennessee in April 1862. This battlefield guide breathes life into Civil War history, giving readers a clear picture of the setting at the time of engagement, who was where, and when and how the battle progressed.
Designed to lead the user on a one-day tour of one of the most important battlefields of the war, the guide provides precise directions to all the key locations in a manner reflecting how the battle itself unfolded. A wealth of maps, vivid descriptions, and careful but accessible analysis makes plain the sweep of events and the geography of the battlefield, enhancing the experience of Shiloh for the serious student, the casual visitor, and the armchair tourist alike.
About the Author
Mark Grimsley is a professor of history at Ohio State University. He is the author of And Keep Moving On: The Virginia Campaign, May–June, 1864, and...
- Glencoe Physical Science
- Are You My Mommy?
- Coding Companion For OB/GYN 2017
- Signs And Symbols In Christian Art
- Talking With Tech Leads: From Novices To Practitioners
- Friendzone Proof: Friendship To Relationship - Cultivate Attraction, Become Desi
- The Tax Law Of Charities And Other Exempt Organizations
- Complete Little Orphan Annie Volume 4
- Shakespeare's Authentic Performance Texts: The Case For Staging From The First Folio
- Come To The Edge: A Love Story
- The Selected Poems Of Li Po
- Pierce Brosnan: The Biography
- Songwriter's Market 2016: Where & How To Market Your Songs
- The Axial Age And Its Consequences
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Go Math! California: Student Edition Grade 5 2015
- Writer's Express: Student Handbook, Grades 4-5
- Basic Appraisal Principles (Appraisal Essentials)
- Tomie: Complete Deluxe Edition
- A New Song For An Old World: Musical Thought In The Early Church (Calvin Institute Of Christian Worship Liturgical Studies)