M4 Sherman Tanks: The Illustrated History Of America's Most Iconic Fighting Vehicles
M4 Sherman Tanks: The Illustrated History of America's Most Iconic Fighting Vehicles
Seventy-five years ago the most quintessentially American tank was built: the M4 Sherman, which featured heavily in the Allies' World War II victory and later in films such as "Fury," starring Brad Pitt.
Seventy-five years after it first rumbled into service, the M4 Sherman remains the most quintessentially American tank ever conceived. What the E-unit locomotive is to railroading, what the Corvette is to sports cars, the Sherman tank is to armored military vehicles?"a classic example of American ingenuity and design answering a pressing need or desire.
M4 Sherman Tanks is the definitive illustrated history of the Sherman tank, covering the entire scope of its development, manufacture, service, armaments, turrets, tracks, drivetrains, and its many variants. The book begins with the M4's evolution from the M3 and M2 tanks and continues through the rapid production of more than fifty-three thousand units in 1942 and 1943 and the tank's further service among more than fifty nations after World War II.
Photos from the battlefield and the factory floor, exteriors and interiors of Shermans, and war-related ephemera fill the pages. Insightful text examines how the M4's mechanical reliability...
- The Nature Of Arizona, 2nd Ed: An Introduction To Familiar Plants, Animals & Outstanding Natural Attractions
- Walking Stars: Stories Of Magic And Power
- 100 Notes On Violence (Sawtooth Poetry Prize)
- A Testament To Freedom: The Essential Writings Of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- DK Eyewitness Books: Explorer
- Oil Painting For The Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide To Successful Oil Painting By Willenbrink. Mark ( 2010 ) Paperback
- The Handbook For School Safety And Security: Best Practices And Procedures
- Ultimate Obstacle Race Training: Crush The World's Toughest Courses
- The Culture Industry: Selected Essays On Mass Culture (Routledge Classics) (Volume 20)
- Positively Mindful (The Positive Psychology Workbook Series)
- You Wouldn't Want To Be An Egyptian Mummy!: Digusting Things You'd Rather Not Know
- Contemporary Art: Art Since 1970
- Voronezh Notebooks
- Invincible, Vol. 17: What's Happening TP
- Advanced Oncology Nursing Certification Review And Resource Manual (Second Edition)
- Clementi: Sonatinas, Op. 36, 37, 38 (Schirmer's Library Of Musical Classics, Vol.40)
- I Recommend: B-flat Clarinet
- Freeing Your Child From Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Powerful, Practical Program For Parents Of Children And Adolescents
- This Side Of Brightness: A Novel
- Economic Forecasting And Policy