@War: The Rise Of The Military-Internet Complex
@War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex
The United States military currently views cyberspace as the “fifth domain” of warfare (alongside land, air, sea, and space), and the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency, and the CIA all field teams of hackers who can, and do, launch computer virus strikes against enemy targets. In fact, as @WAR shows, U.S. hackers were crucial to our victory in Iraq. Shane Harris delves into the frontlines of America’s new cyber war. As recent revelations have shown, government agencies are joining with tech giants like Google and Facebook to collect vast amounts of information. The military has also formed a new alliance with tech and finance companies to patrol cyberspace, and Harris offers a deeper glimpse into this partnership than we have ever seen before. Finally, Harris explains what the new cybersecurity regime means for all of us, who spend our daily lives bound to the Internet — and are vulnerable to its dangers.
"Chilling . . . Extraordinary and urgent."
Christian Science Monitor
"Unsettling . . . Deeply...
- Ron Mueck
- Unchained Voices: An Anthology Of Black Authors In The English-Speaking World Of The Eighteenth Century
- In The Key Of Healing (Healing Music Series)
- LooseLeaf For Medical Ethics: Accounts Of Ground-Breaking Cases
- Developing Thinking In Geometry (Published In Association With The Open University)
- War Of Kings Omnibus
- Slow Burn: Burn Fat Faster By Exercising Slower
- I Corinthians: A Commentary On The New Testament Epistles (New Testament Commentaries (Gospel Advocate))
- The Paying Guests
- McDougal Littell Biology California: Student Edition Grades 9-12 2008
- The World In An Orange: Creating Theatre With Barney Simon
- Canon EOS 70D For Dummies
- Seth Price: Folklore U.S.
- Neil Simon's Memoirs
- Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps For Attracting Your Perfect Mate
- Empire Of Bones (Ashtown Burials #3)
- Hubert Robert
- The Word Of The Lord: Verbum Domini
- Performance Guitar Manual Book 2: Primary Chords And Strum Patterns
- Passion Is A Fashion: The Real Story Of The Clash