The Music Of Django Reinhardt (Jazz Perspectives)
The Music of Django Reinhardt (Jazz Perspectives)
"The Music of Django Reinhardt is an impressive contribution to the field of jazz studies. The book offers a penetrating view into the music of one of jazz's most intriguing early figures."
---Keith Waters, coauthor, Jazz: The First Hundred Years
"An important addition to the literature on jazz, Givan's book provides many insights into Reinhardt’s solo building and unorthodox guitar playing; it is richly illustrated with many excellent musical transcriptions."
---Thomas Owens, author of Bebop: The Music and Its Players
"Givan has painstakingly assembled an analytical interpretation of Reinhardt's music that is rigorous, compelling, and illuminating. This book makes a unique contribution to the field of jazz studies and guitar music in general."
---Brian Harker, author of Jazz: An American Journey
When most people think of the great jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, they conjure up the unusual details of his colorful life: a childhood spent in gypsy encampments outside of Paris; the tragic caravan fire when he was eighteen that rendered his left hand nearly unusable; and his survival during World War II, when gypsies were massacred by the hundreds of thousands. The amazing story of Reinhardt’s life even became the basis for Woody Allen's Sweet and Lowdown.
- Love Only Once (Malory Family Series)
- The Music Industry: Music In The Cloud
- Delta Sigma Theta Secrets: The Little Unauthorized History Study Guide
- The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop
- Investigator's Guide To Steganography
- Chinese Mythology: An Introduction
- 100 Acoustic Lessons - Guitar Lesson Goldmine Series (Book & Online Audio)
- Existence: A Story
- Ecology And Management Of Large Mammals In North America
- Working With English Language Learners, Second Edition: Answers To Teachers' Top Ten Questions
- Brighty Of The Grand Canyon
- In Hospital And Camp: The Civil War Through The Eyes Of Its Doctors And Nurses
- How To Do Everything MacBook Air
- Black And White Digital Photography Photo Workshop
- Succeed In Real Estate Without Cold Calling!
- To And From Utopia In The New Cuban Art
- Professor Stewart's Incredible Numbers
- The Sac And Fox Indians (The Civilization Of The American Indian Series)
- Code By Note, Bk 2: Find The Patterns By Reading The Notes (Color By Note)
- Old-Time Men And Women Vignettes In Full Color (Dover Pictorial Archive)