50 Great Myths Of Human Evolution: Understanding Misconceptions About Our Origins
50 Great Myths of Human Evolution: Understanding Misconceptions about Our Origins
50 Great Myths of Human Evolution uses common misconceptions to explore basic theory and research in human evolution and strengthen critical thinking skills for lay readers and students.
- Examines intriguing—yet widely misunderstood—topics, from general ideas about evolution and human origins to the evolution of modern humans and recent trends in the field
- Describes what fossils, archaeology, and genetics can tell us about human origins
- Demonstrates the ways in which science adapts and changes over time to incorporate new evidence and better explanations
- Includes myths such as “Humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs;” “Lucy was so small because she was a child;” “Our ancestors have always made fire;” and “There is a strong relationship between brain size and intelligence”
- Comprised of stand-alone essays that are perfect for casual reading, as well as footnotes and references that allow readers to delve more deeply into topics
From the Back Cover
Where do we come from? How are we related to other creatures? What is uniquely human? Are we still evolving?
50 Great Myths of Human Evolution explores common myths and misconceptions surrounding the story of...