The Country Between Us
The Country Between Us
The book opens with a series of poems about El Salvador, where Forché worked as a journalist and was closely involved with the political struggle in that tortured country in the late 1970's. Forché's other poems also tend to be personal, immediate, and moving. Perhaps the final effect of her poetry is the image of a sensitive, brave, and engaged young woman who has made her life a journey. She has already traveled to many places, as these poems indicate, but beyond that is the sense of someone who is, in Ignazio Silone's words, coming from far and going far.
"Here is a poetry of courage and passion, which manages to be tender and achingly sensual and what is often called 'political' at the same time. This is a major new voice." -- Margaret Atwood
"Forché's subject, El Salvador is one that could have been easily sentimentalized or sensationalized by a lesser poet. And yet it is spoken of here with honesty and tenderness, even amid its tortures. For these poems are not 'made up' at all, but come from the complexity and more of human experience." -- Larry Levis
- Home To Harlem (Northeastern Library Of Black Literature)
- Masterclass: Developing Characters (Teach Yourself)
- White Thirst
- Portnoy's Complaint
- Reconstructing Lenin: An Intellectual Biography
- Manson In His Own Words: The Shocking Confessions Of 'The Most Dangerous Man Alive'
- How To Change Your Mindset To Achieve Huge Success: Why Your Attitude And Daily Habits Have More To Do With Making More Money And Having More Freedom Than Anything Else.
- Phantom Reflections: An American Fighter Pilot In Vietnam (Stackpole Military History Series)
- PlayTime« Piano Christmas
- Girl, Stolen: A Novel
- The Sandino Affair
- Marching Band Drill Book - Saxophones Rock Cover
- Datapedia Of The United States: American History In Numbers (Datapedia Of The United States)
- Premier Piano Course Technique, Bk 1B
- Musician's And Songwriter's Journal 160 Pages For Lyrics & Music: 8.5”x11” Manuscript Notebook For Composition And Songwriting, Red Cover, 160 Numbered Pages - Ruled Page On Left, 8 Staves On Right
- Brian Froud's Goblins 10 1/2 Anniversary Edition
- Cuentos Para Educar Ni?os Felices
- Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies
- Crime Scene Investigations: Real-Life Science Activities For The Elementary Grades